2017/2018 Funding Request for Proposals (RFP)
United Way is no longer accepting applications for the 2017/2018 grant cycle.
This document provides prospective applicants with information in order to determine whether they wish to apply for United Way of Dubuque Area Tri-States (UWDATS) funding as part of the 2017- 18 Investment Process. The document includes:
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ);
- Key Dates and Deadlines;
- Brief Overviews of:
- Currently Sponsored Programs and New & Targeted Initiative Funding;
- Evaluation Process; and
- Performance/Outcome Measures.
UWDATS is not able to fund all worthwhile applications. Each year, the UWDATS Board of Directors determines the amount of grant money available, based on financial conditions and annual fundraising campaign results.
It is the goal of UWDATS to fund the strongest proposals based on established evaluation criteria with heavy emphasis on documented program performance. All applications are scored based on the following:
Fit with the United Way focus area(s);
- Strong connection between community need for the program, client population and non-duplication of services with existing programs*;
- Measurable outcomes; and
- Program budget that is reasonable and appropriate for the activities required to achieve proposed outcomes.
*While UWDATS strives to not fund duplicate programs, it may fund similar programs if the level of community need warrants it.