Volunteering is at the heart of United Way’s mission. Mobilizing volunteers is a core service of United Way through the United Way Volunteer Center. We are here to help individuals and/or businesses help others. Whether you’re interested in mentoring a young person, offering your professional skills on a pro bona basis, or spending an afternoon with a senior, you’ve come to the right place. If you have a few hours a month or one day a year, we can help you find a volunteer opportunity that matches your skills.
How to Get Involved with the United Way Volunteer Center
- Visit our Get Connected volunteer engagement portal to learn about nonprofit organization volunteer opportunities.
- Register as an organization that posts volunteer opportunities.
- Attend an Emergency Volunteer Reception Center (VRC) training and be prepared to respond to a disaster if needed.
- For more information about the Emergency VRC training schedule, call 563-588-1415 or email email@example.com.
“Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” - Margaret Mead
The United Way Volunteer Center makes it easy to volunteer together as a group by connecting projects and volunteer opportunities to groups. A Volunteer Group can be as small or large, such as corporations, civic groups, places of worship, public schools or neighborhood groups.
If you are a representative of a company, workplace and/or group and would like to schedule a volunteer project, please contact the United Way Director of Community Building & Impact at 563-588-1415 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Power of Employee Volunteering
- For Employees/Volunteers
- Increases employee awareness and interest in community issues.
- Achieves personal development and increases self-esteem.
- Provides networking and team-building opportunities.
- For Employers
- Enhances corporate and social responsibility.
- Supports strategic business goals.
- Increase employee morale, loyalty and productivity
- Generates recognition as a “best place to work.”
- Positively impact profitability.
- For the Community
- Builds a stronger, healthier and safer community.
- Opens lines of community among various groups.
Register on our volunteer engagement portal, Get Connected, to post ongoing or date-specific volunteer opportunities. We often have groups looking for projects so don’t forget to let us know about those needs, too. Potential volunteers can search by area of interest, date, skills needed, etc. Representatives from your organization that are listed as Agency Managers in Get Connected are notified via email when a potential volunteer indicates an interest in a volunteer opportunity.