Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
VITA Update: 1/19/2022
DUE TO COVID: TAXES WILL BE COMPLETED VIA DROP-OFF ONLY.
Returns will be accepted from Tuesday, February 1 until Tuesday, April 5.
- Income requirement at or under $54,000
- Covers Dubuque and surrounding counties in Iowa and Illinois
DROP OFF PROCEDURE AS FOLLOWS:
- Obtain materials from one of the following:
- HACAP (220 W 7th St) (Across the street from NICC). All documents are located in the lobby marked VITA tax return info. Lobby is open Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the following at home:
- Intake form 13614-C
- Local intake form
- Bring the completed materials to the HACAP office to put them in a tax envelope (available at HACAP)
- Insert a copy of photo ID for all adults listed on the return (copy machine available at HACAP)
- Insert copies of Social Security cards for everyone to be listed, including dependents, on the return
- Insert a copy of 2021 tax return, federal and state
- Write your name and phone number on the provided tax envelope
- Place tax envelope and all information in the drop box at the office
- Wait for a call telling you that your return is ready to be picked up (approximately two weeks). You will need to review and sign the return before it will be e-filed.
For additional information, call HACAP at 563-556-5130 ext. 2115